- Back to School Night 2022
- Canvas Account Help
- After School Tutoring
- California Scholarship Federation
- CA Seal of Biliteracy
- College Career Advantage (CCA)
- English Learner Support
- International Baccalaureate
- National Honor Society
- Physical Education and Health
- Social Science
- Special Education
- Two-Way Immersion Program
- World Languages
- Auto Academy
- Automotive Technology Partnership Academy
- Academy Staff
- Contact Numbers
- Upcoming Events
- Academy Curriculum
- Student Responsibilities
- Parent Involvement
- Business Partners
- Academy Recruitment
- Workplace Learning
- Meet the Industry Night
- Academy Portfolios
- Troubleshooting Team
- Academy Graduation Medallion
- Special Services
- Wish List
- Academy Brochure
- Auto Academy Application
- Course Syllabus
- Student Certifications
2022-23 APPLICATION WINDOW IS OPEN AND WILL CLOSE ON APRIL 15TH,2022
ATTENTION INCOMING 9TH GRADERS
What is AVID? Watch the above Limitless video & check out www.avid.org
The freshman AVID class is offered BOTH 0 period as well as during the morning bell schedule. We do encourage students to take 0 period if possible and get their Visual and Performing Art done as a freshman.
Please note space is limited and we are not able to accept all students who apply.
Teacher recommendations, middle school behavior records, transcripts, essay, & test scores all play a significant role in the consideration process.
*Parents: please do not register for your student. They need to be responsible for actively participating in the application process and pursuing an acceptance to the program.*
Step One: NOW through April 15th, 2022
Make sure you are logged into your CUSD Google student account (@capousd.org)
Then, Click here for Online Application If you are NON-CUSD, please email Erin Dollar directly at email@example.com
In the form, be prepared to provide the email of a current teacher as well as a personal email that you have access to.
(ex: @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @cox.net, etc).
Once you submit the Google form, you have submitted the required application.
Please note: If the above link doesn't work for you, copy and paste the below link into a browser window
Step Two: Watch your personal email for directions on how to submit your required materials via Google Classroom OR add it manually following the steps below:
- Go to Google Classroom (using your @capousd.org address)
- Click the + to join a new class.
- Enter this code: dtkikkt
- If requested, enter instructor name/email as prompted: Erin Dollarfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your personal statement essay.
Your teacher will be sent an email with a link to complete the teacher evaluation for you online. Once you have submitted your application and uploaded your essay, there is nothing further required on your part.
Accepted students will see AVID added to their fall course schedules in their student Aeries Portal. Please note that we cannot accept all applicants. ANY behavior infractions in middle school will result in non-acceptance. However, students not accepted due to behavior infractions can be admitted as sophomores if they have an infraction free and academically successful freshman year.Questions? Email our AVID coordinator, Erin Dollar, at email@example.com
The AVID Program
Students Becoming Competitive College Candidates
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide are on track to meet four-year university admission requirements.
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide report enrolling in college, 77% in four-year institutions and 17% in community colleges. This is a four-year college going rate three times higher than the California state average.
The mission of AVID is to ensure that all students - especially those on a college preparatory path...
- will succeed in the most rigorous curriculum,
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will attend four-year universities,
- will become responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
- AVID places motivated students in a rigorous curriculum while providing academic and emotional support.
- AVID emphasizes time-management and goal-setting skills to succeed in school and in life.
- AVID develops a gifted team of students for positive peer tutoring.
- AVID redefines the teacher's role as a student advocate and a personal-success coach.
Today's students are growing up in a complex society filled with many challenges. AVID gives determined students support, friendship, and skills to be successful and responsible in life.