- Canvas Account Help
- After School Tutoring
- California Scholarship Federation
- CA Seal of Biliteracy
- College Career Advantage (CCA)
- English Learner Support
- International Baccalaureate
- National Honor Society
- Physical Education and Health
- Social Science
- Special Education
- Structured Teaching Educating Prepared Students (STEPS)
- Student of the Month - January 2023
- Therapeutic Behavior Intervention Class (TBIC)
- Two-Way Immersion Program
- World Languages
- Auto Academy
- Automotive Technology Partnership Academy
- Academy Staff
- Contact Numbers
- Upcoming Events
- Academy Curriculum
- Student Responsibilities
- Parent Involvement
- Business Partners
- Academy Recruitment
- Workplace Learning
- Meet the Industry Night
- Academy Portfolios
- Troubleshooting Team
- Academy Graduation Medallion
- Special Services
- Wish List
- Academy Brochure
- Auto Academy Application
- Course Syllabus
- Student Certifications
2023-24 APPLICATION WINDOW IS OPEN AND WILL CLOSE ON APRIL 15, 2023
ATTENTION INCOMING 9TH GRADERS
The freshman AVID class is offered BOTH 0 period as well as during the morning bell schedule. We do encourage students to take 0 period if possible and get their Visual and Performing Art done as a freshman.
Please note space is limited and we are not able to accept all students who apply.
Teacher recommendations, middle school behavior records, transcripts, essay, & test scores all play a significant role in the consideration process.
The AVID Program
Students Becoming Competitive College Candidates
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide are on track to meet four-year university admission requirements.
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide report enrolling in college, 77% in four-year institutions and 17% in community colleges. This is a four-year college going rate three times higher than the California state average.
The mission of AVID is to ensure that all students - especially those on a college preparatory path...
- will succeed in the most rigorous curriculum,
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will attend four-year universities,
- will become responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
- AVID places motivated students in a rigorous curriculum while providing academic and emotional support.
- AVID emphasizes time-management and goal-setting skills to succeed in school and in life.
- AVID develops a gifted team of students for positive peer tutoring.
- AVID redefines the teacher's role as a student advocate and a personal-success coach.
Today's students are growing up in a complex society filled with many challenges. AVID gives determined students support, friendship, and skills to be successful and responsible in life.